CONFIDENTIAL SEARCH DO NOT POST THIS JOB ON ANY SITES
This company offers opportunities for advancement and believes in providing training and the tools necessary to do so. They have history of promoting from within. This is a hot / outdoor environment but surprisingly has a low turnover due to the Company s belief of earned respect for employees, employee empowerment, and close team atmosphere this may be the hardest job you have ever loved!COMPANY PROFILE:Facility for recycling EAF Dust Company is the industry leader as an integrated producer of Zinc, Zinc Oxide, and Zinc Powder from recycled sources Safety first environmentWHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Our client is looking for a Maintenance Superintendent with a strong history of working in the industrial industry. The plant operates 3 shifts 365 days a year. This individual will oversee all electrical & mechanical maintenance of equipment, infrastructure and facilities, and will manage the plant maintenance activities to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, operating efficiency and cost. This position will work closely in a team-based environment with the Plant Manager, Operations Superintendent, Plant Engineer and Maintenance Superintendents to create and maintain a safe, compliant, efficient, and effective operations.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan
- Dental and Vision Available
- 401k with match
- Life and Short- term disability
- 11 Holidays annually
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Bonus Potential
- Promote and enforce compliance with all safety rules and environmental regulations. Assure compliance with all site policies, procedures, permits, and conditions as defined in, but not limited to OSHA, Dept. of Labor, Federal EPA Regulations, State DHEC regulations, Federal and State DOT regulations, Permit Conditions, Company Environmental Management System, Company Health and Safety Management System, and Company Corporate Administrative Policies.
- Provide leadership for (3 shift) maintenance team being available to assist, support, and lead.
- Develop and mentor an effective staff of multi-craft maintenance associates. Assess skills and train or make training recommendations.
- Schedule and coordinate maintenance resources, assign responsibilities, assess results and, maintain accountability
- Plan and execute major shut down and repair projects
- Implement preventive and Predictive Maintenance systems consisting of planned inspections: servicing, measuring, and monitoring of critical equipment, and documentation of activities pertaining to continuous improvement and regulatory compliance
- Utilize and maintain a Work Order system to assign and prioritize duties for a team of multi-craft technicians, and analyze data for the purposes of reducing downtime, identifying root cause, implementing irreversible corrective actions, and making continuous improvements.
- Develop and implement procedures relating to the maintenance, service, and repair of equipment, and facilities.
- Hands on, leadership by example is a must.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude with demonstrated competency working in an environment with large mechanical equipment and components. Rotary kiln and refractory installation experience is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems quickly and effectively through the establishment of root cause and implementation of irreversible corrective action
- Ability to read and interpret drawings for trouble shooting
- Ability to plan and organize activity for self and others on both short term and long term basis
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Computer competency is required with strong aptitude with MS Office programs.
- Positive and proactive attitude within and outside the organization
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders and carry equipment in accessing ALL areas of the plant while wearing the required PPE
- Experience in developing PM Systems and Standard Practice instructions.
- BSME/ASME is a plus but not required
- Six Sigma, Lean, or TMS experience
- Must be willing to respond to emergency calls 24 hours a day
- This position requires a person who is respectful, confident, and competent in working in an environment to processes hazardous materials with large heavy equipment
Associated topics: athletic, backfill, floor, garden, labor, podadore, pruner, resurface, road, tree