Encompass Health is seeking a Cash Application Specialist to join our billing team in Dallas, TX.
The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for gathering, posting and balancing all payments that are received by Encompass and all acquired companies. This requires daily posting of cash from Zirmed into Home Care Home Base (HCHB), weekly and monthly balancing to all Encompass and acquired company s bank accounts.
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
- Monitor Zirmed for incoming payments.
- Download 835s from Zirmed and Visionshare for posting to Medicare accounts.
- Hand key remittances if 835 is unavailable or not applicable to the payer.
- Research and correct keying errors as needed.
- Notify Cash Application Manager of trends or issues with importing or not receiving remittances on Zirmed.
- Answer questions from billing managers regarding posting of payments and work closely with billing managers to resolve recoupment issues.
- Balance weekly & monthly bank deposit reports.
- Work closely with accountants to resolve balancing discrepancies.
- Retrieve and post remittances from applicable payer websites when the remittance is not available on Zirmed.
- Process all incoming batches of live checks and posts to HCHB. Balance checks posted to batch totals.
- Review remittances for applicable adjustments, transfer to MSP or patient.
- Add Self Pay as secondary insurance to patient demographics.
- Identify underpayments or overpayments and notify the appropriate billing manager.
- Retrieve reports from HCHB to compile Excel Spreadsheets for balancing to Medicare payments.
- Post Medicare interest and help identify and correct errors with Cash Estimate Spreadsheets to balance Medicare Spreadsheets.
- Post refund checks issued by accounting for overpayments on accounts in HCHB.
- Receive credit card information via mail or phone and process credit card payment on portal.
- Post credit card payments to HCHB and balance payments monthly with accountant.
- Document all deposits posted in HCHB, all deposits made to acquired companies and all credit card payments to an Excel Spreadsheet to assist with weekly and monthly balancing.
- One year of payment posting experience with ability to read and interpret remittance advices (EOB s)
- Two years of experience with Medicare Billing or Commercial Insurance billing functions strongly preferred.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong typing skills, clerical skills, and computers skills.
- Must be organized, time efficient and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application! Overview
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.