Encompass Health is growing and looking for a Hospice Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Amazing Team!
Encompass Hospice Registered Nurses (RN's) work with patients, their families, and other health care professionals during the final stages of patients' lives. Our nurses must be capable of compassionate communication with patients and families, have keen observation skills, high ethical standards, and knowledge of when to alert doctors and others about changes in patients' conditions.
Encompass Registered Nurses are the point of contact for all disciplines involved with providing 1:1 patient care.
- In addition to performing visits and completing coordination of client care, manage the frequency of visits for the episodes.
- Consults as needed with the physician and the office giving details about patient care.
- Ensure the medication profile remains current.
- Ensure lab values have been reported to the physician.
- Attend weekly case conference and monthly case manager meetings.
Education, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of five years full-time experience as a Hospice RN.
- Must have a minimum of two years full-time experience in home health nursing and or hospice.
- Must have one year of full-time recent experience in a supervisory RN position.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the Federal, State and local laws/regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a Home Health agency.
- Must be professional, organized and able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing as well as prepare and present education material to Agency employees and community referral sources utilizing computers/electronic equipment.
- Must be capable of multitasking while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must comply with Agency s Statement of Employability.
- Must possess and maintain automobile liability insurance.
- Must possess a current license to practice professional nursing (RN).
- Must possess a valid state driver s license.
- Must maintain internet services in their home office.
- Must be able to work Fri 5pm- Mon 8am and on Holidays.
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, hospice, intensive care, nurse clinical, psychatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, transitional, unit