Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Supervises and directs the maintenance staff and monitors the performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs all maintenance department service requests', ensuring that the work performed is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption, inconvenience and with adequate clean up. Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition and help facilitate root cause analysis.
* Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include, but not limited to:
* Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
* Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program. Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
* Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed.
* Specific tasks include but are not limited to: ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warranty obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
* Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
* Recommends and estimates facilities repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
* Ensures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies. Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
* Annually implement at least one cost savings action relating to energy or utility consumption.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
* Education - Minimum of a high school diploma. Two years of trade or vocational schooling or apprenticeship in electrical, piping/plumbing, refrigeration or HVAC.
* Experience - 5+ years of experience in Healthcare facility/plant engineering maintenance.
* Thorough understanding of Joint Commission and other regulatory surveys.
* Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation - multi-skills in a minimum of two craft areas.
* Personal characteristics; good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports and possesses excellent customer service skills.
* Be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, E-Mail etc.
* Have familiarity with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS preferably \"360 Facility\" ) an understanding of Building Automation System (BMS).
* For internal candidates, must consistently receive a \"meets expectations\" on their IPMP performance review.
* Visually inspect machinery and buildings.
* Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
* Valid US Driver's License
* Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet and lift 60 lbs repeatedly.
* Ability to detect emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
* Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device's operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.