The Utility Tech position is chiefly responsible for maintaining the timely and efficient flow of medical devices and materials both inbound to the MSD Biomed team and warehouse, and outbound to our customers.? He/she will be responsible for various functions including, receiving, cleaning and basic operation of portable biomedical equipment, and preparing and shipping outgoing equipment.? The Utility Tech must be able to utilize MSD?s software program effectively to document all aspects of the above duties.? He/she will be working in conjunction with several other staff members, so teamwork, cooperation, and communication skills will be crucial in our fast paced environment.? He/she will be expected to participate in business growth and productivity improvement initiatives.Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills):
- Receive incoming medical equipment; Both the physical receipt of materials into the warehouse inbound staging area as well as the electronic receiving into our computer system; verification of the bills of lading, the notation of any missing, short dated, or damage to inbound shipments
- Clean, disinfect, and maintain portable biomedical equipment
- Assist Biomed technicians with basic testing procedures
- Ensure the service area is clean and orderly, providing a safe environment for service personnel
- Ensure accurate database entry and reports if applicable.
- Expected to meet production goals set for department
- Shipping: Be able to help identify required equipment needed for the orders; Verify order accuracy; Packing the orders in a safe, effective, and efficient manner; verifying order accuracy, and shipping of each order both physically and electronically.
- Other duties and tasks as directed by the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED
- Some knowledge of medical equipment preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
- Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain focus with intermittent distractions
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Professionalism and mature sense of accountability
- Enthusiasm for the MSD Mission?
- Must be capable of cleaning, moving and organizing portable medical?? equipment.
- Able to learn MSD?s asset management system, (OneTrack) and effectively use this software for tracking all medical equipment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
- Willing to be a team player
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude
- Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities while remaining focused on results
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
Associated topics: hematopathology, lab, medical, medical technologist, microbiology, sterile processing technician, surgical technologist, technician iv, technician laboratory, technologist