A prestigious company is on the search for a new Financial Model Development Manager. This individual needs to be a hands on manager that can do Java programming, design, develop, and can do code reviews, existing code changes. They also need to be able to help create next generation trading tolls to support mortgage rates products. They need to have 2 years of experience as a manager and 8+ years' experience of Java development.
- Communicate and work as the point person with senior management in the division for our analytics tools.
- Design, develop and support systems within the financial modelling and research area.
- Design and develop new code and review existing code changes to ensure standard technology development practices are met.
- Assist in the operational execution of software solutions to assist with the monitoring and control of market and credit risks.
- Assist with application development, modifying and/or maintaining applications and associated testing. Demonstrate knowledge of development tools and languages.
- May assist other areas of financial research and engineering when defining requirements for systems applications.
- At least 2 years' experience working at a manager/lead level, comfortable with communicating concepts and setting expectations for analytic tools and products.
- Typically has 8-10 years related experience with at least 5 years of hands-on software development, testing, and delivery experience, including partnering with internal and external groups is essential.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in Computer Science, Financial Engineering, or a related quantitative discipline
- Experience with:
- Java 8.x, N-Tier RESTful Webservices/Angular JS/JQuery
- AWS Cloud, Grid computing,
- UNIX Shell Scripting/Perl/Python